Monday, February 2, 2015

Self-promotion is hard, yo

After much contemplation, it has become clear that I need a more "professional" page for marketing myself. As much as I would like to assume that all people want to read stories of PMS, pubic hair, vacation fails and my childhood as an indentured servant, I think assuming that would be incorrect. Except for the crotch carpet, because obviously everyone wants to know all about that.

When I first started blogging, narcissism soon became a concern of mine. Holy moly, does blogging entail a lot of talk of oneself. I quickly swept those concerns under the rug when I realized that I was mostly sharing my complete and utter failures with all of you, to enable you some laughter or commiseration in your day. No narcissist here, thankyouverymuch. Do you like my hair like this?

Anyhoo, I am in the process of creating a website where I talk about all the fabulous things I do with stories, photos and art. So... yeah. It's hard, you guys. I'm so used to being a smart ass that I'm finding "selling myself" difficult.

Here's my site: www.johikokjohnwagner.com

Check it out and let me know what you think. Basically, I'll be sharing things like this:





Instead of things like this:



Isn't Brock the best?

I've been working on the new web page for two days straight. Thing 1 just walked into my office and asked what I was doing.

I said, "I'm building my business so I can take you guys on vacations and maybe buy you some bigger horses and a bigger house with more property."

His eyes lit up and he said, "You're working on your business so you can make money?"

I answered, "Yes, my child."

Then he patted my leg and gravely said, "Keep working, mom."

So there's that.

And here's what I ask of you, my lovely and loyal readers of the Internet, who helped me not only name my husband's business, but also the prestigious and world famous kitteh- Captain Fluffernutter.


Sorry, I got distracted by his cute, wittle paws and pink tongue.

What I need from you are ideas of what to say about myself, as you are the ones who read my stories and are affected by my words. It will be particularly helpful if you have read my work in Chrome magazine and Paint Horse Journal, or if you have ever worked with me on a ranch, around horses, or in a creative capacity.

Wish me luck and follow my new page on facebook (if it suits you).

Peace, Love and Business Building,
Johi


1 comment:

  1. Well, Johi, if you start running out of things to say about yourself and your creativity, you can always mention that you were the muse for a song written by a couple of old high school buddies. That could put you back into the land of Narcissus.

    ReplyDelete