Thursday, March 6, 2014

More Drawrings with the Things

It's been super busy -a little too busy- around here lately. I've had multiple deadlines, Brock has had multiple jobs and we've all been sick. I think everyone is ready to slow down a bit. Everyone except Thing 1, my Kindergartner, who goes at an Energizer Bunny pace, even if he is hacking up a lung. He loves to have multiple things to do in a day. His energy and enthusiasm for life is off the charts. He lives for constant activity and stimulation. This kid will thrive as an American adult with our To Do lists, expectations of over-achievement and over-scheduling. Basically, he is my polar opposite.

One of the activities that my eldest offspring and I do agree on is art. Thing 1 is really improving his drawing skills. He practices every day. The other morning before school, he made two pictures; one for his father and one for me.

Here's what he drew for his dad:

Dimension!
Color!
Text!

It's clear from the amount of time he spent on this picture that he really loves his dad.

On the other hand, here's the picture he drew for me:

I think this says it all.


The sad thing is that this picture reminded me that I have been out of wine for almost 4 weeks now. I guess should add that to my To Do list. I like to make lists that are achievable.

Peace, Love and Unicorns,
Johi

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry -- WHAT DID YOU SAY? You've been out of wine for FOUR WEEKS????
    Oh, yeah, cute drawings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brock bought me some wine last night. It was delicious. Thanks for your concern. ;)

      Delete
  2. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! My kids pull the same thing! I make them redraw it... Cuz I'm classy!

    Hugs!

    Valerie

    ReplyDelete