Friday, September 6, 2013

Why I Haven't Been Writing Here.

I have news! I got a job.

Well, ANOTHER job.

Yes, I'm still writing for Chrome. The next issue is scheduled to launch in October. It contains three of my articles and seven of my illustrations. It was fun, but a lot of work.

Yes, I'm still doing laundry, cooking, and cleaning my house. Okay, so I'm not doing any of those things WELL or with any consistency, but I'm still doing them. Sort of. Okay, my house looks disgusting and we're eating sandwiches and cereal.

Yes, I'm still a Stay at Home Mom. I stay at home with my Thing 2 all day. Sometimes, like today, I don't even bother showering, getting dressed, or brushing my hair. In fact, Thing 2 and I are both wearing what we slept in and it is after 2:00 in the afternoon. Thing 1, now a big boy, spends the majority of his days in Kindergarten. Thing 2 is in Preschool five hours a week, but other than that, little dude is with me. We have been adjusting to bus schedules, activity schedules, and earlier bedtime schedules. Also, Thing 1 developed a nasty cough and an inability to hear me speak. Thing 2 is adjusting to being home without big brother (i.e. no one to steal his toys and poke him in the eye when mom isn't looking). The transition has been fairly easy for him. On the other hand, I am adjusting to feeling overwhelmed with guilt when I require him to play alone all day because I'm too busy to do anything other than feed him the 23 times requested per day.

No, I am not on track with LeanMoms. Unfortunately, because of the surge of crazy busy into my schedule, my LeanMoms.com weight training and low carb diet has flown out the window. I am back to sneaking in walks with Red Dog, occasionally throwing down some squats, and sucking down a beer with dinner. At least now I am AWARE of all the sugar I am consuming though, so there's that. And I also know exactly what I need to do to get a flat belly, so there's that too. I'll get back on it... eventually.

No, I haven't put together the next TMI Fridays for you. Next week.

No, I don't plan on... what was I saying? Why did I walk into this room?

On top of this, I recently accepted a position at Babble, writing for their Pets section! Pets falls under the Lifestyle category. I'll be posting three times a week there. Gulp. That's a lot! But I'm excited to share the perspective of a farm raised gal on their site! If any of you animal loving folks have story ideas or pictures for me to use, please email them to me at jkokjohnwagner@yahoo.com!

Please pop over there and read my posts from this week!

Don't you want to hear straight from the horse's mouth?


Last Monday, we returned home from a trip to the mountains and celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary. Brock bought me a fancy camera, which I used to take really ridiculous pictures with my friends. Also, I attempted to finish up my first Babble story. Two days later...

My initial piece was this intro post, where I talk about my menagerie of misfit animals, complete with a slideshow. I even made three gifs!

Then my kid woke me up at 3 am and I was awake for the day...

Then I wrote about Anthropomorphism and posted a slideshow of examples. 

Then I did 657 loads of laundry and snorted at the weeds that have overtaken my yard...

Then my smart-ass comment and picture was featured in this article about whether or not you post pictures of your kids on the Internet.

Finally, I wrote a hard hitting investigative piece about ponies. OMG! PONIES!!! Again, lots of pictures! And another gif! 

Now, I dance.

Ha. Now, I lay like broccoli on the couch.


The biggest transition in all of this, aside from time management and extensive guilt, was that I had to learn WordPress. I know a lot of people swear by WordPress, but I was so motherfriggin' confused. Talk about counter intuitive! But I held it together like a boss; My first story only took my three days, I only cried three times and made an ass of myself in front of a handful of professional people.

But it is Friday, I made it through the first week of my new job, and I have never looked nor smelled more like an unemployable homeless person than I do right now!

This weekend, I look forward to more walks, less computer, and more booze! Oh, and playing with my kids and stuff.

And a nap.

Peace, Love, and Unicorns,
Johi







5 comments:

  1. Oh, that nasty WordPress! (I don't get it either, but need to learn it for my new job, too. I have cried. A lot.) Congrats on Babble!! You are one busy lady!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so frustrating when I can't figure something out immediately! And Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Holy crap!! You're one busy bee! I'm tired just reading this!

    Hugs!

    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read about the wee piggy! Very well written, as per usual :D

    ReplyDelete