Both of these women have wonderful blogs that you should be reading.
Today is Saturday and we are "watching" the Broncos play. That means that I made fudge and am spending the afternoon on my computer. I normally don't do memes but I like new experiences... most of the time.
1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before?
I got a tan in March from natural sunlight, hiked in Muir Woods-complete with leprechauns, used Instagram, went to New York City and was almost killed by a garbage truck, visited New Jersey, and I illustrated a children's book. I also made a delicious pumpkin cheesecake.
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Sort of, but not completely. And sort of, but not really.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My cousin had a precious baby boy. It was so wonderful to hold him. It was even better to be able to hand him back to her and know that I was going to get a full night's sleep.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My grandfather joined my grandmother in heaven in July.
5. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
Money and my horses.
6. What countries did you visit?
Brock and I accidentally ate at a Denny's and apparently time-warped back to the deep south in 1989. So, to answer the question, none.
7. What date from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
October 24. My friend Bridget lost her 10 year old daughter Avery in a car crash.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
It is a tie between the day that I had every piece of laundry in my house washed and when I illustrated a book.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Making it anywhere on time (except for girls' night out- I'm always early for that).
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
My pride was injured on a regular basis, but I'm accustomed to that. I was the unfortunate recipient of both the stomach flu and the regular "Death Plague" flu. At least my friends still loved (love) me.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
These fabulous inlaid cowboy boots.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
We are pretty much all a bunch of assholes with a few shining moments. We should always celebrate the shining moments... and the laughter... and getting through the day with our sanity intact.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Anyone who took another person's life and the media after all of it, particularly Sandy Hook. Between the presidential election and Sandy Hook, most of facebook was awful.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Mortgage and bills. Woohoo!
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Going to San Fransisco to visit my best friend in March and shooooeeeeeesssss.
16. What song will always remind you of 2012?
Goyte's "Somebody that I used to know" and LMFAO's "Party Rock Anthem"
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? peaceful.
ii. thinner or fatter? older.
iii. richer or poorer? richer in love and friendship.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
I pretty much did exactly what I wanted to do. That's how I roll.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
In my house, with a fever, my family, our awesome babysitter and my pajamas.
21. What do you feel you missed out on in 2012?
Not seeing enough of New York when I was there.
22. Did you fall in love in 2012?
Yes. I love the show Nashville mad hard.
23. How many one-night stands?
Hahahahahahahaaaaa.....aaaaaaahhhh..... hahahaha. None.
24. What was your favorite TV program?
See 22. I still love Modern Family, Castle,Whitney, and So You Think You Can Dance.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Hate is a waste of time. I simply just hope that certain people die in a fiery plane crash. Just kidding...
26. What was the best book you read?
It was a toss up between Tina Fey's Bossypants and Jenny Lawson's Let's Pretend This Never Happened.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Pandora radio on my phone.
28. What did you want and get?
New living room chairs (sorry, Eleanor).
Where is 29? I don't know.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
.Hmmmm.... nothing outstanding is coming to mind. Pretty much anything that we left the house without children to watch was phenomenal. The most watched movie of 2012 was Cars 2. Thank you for that, my precious children.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I left the house ALL DAY. Brock surprised me with a spa day where I had a facial, a massage and a pedicure. Then I did lunch and a little shopping with Sarah, then came home to cake and dinner with my boys. It was lovely. I was (am) 37. Unfortunately, I spent the entire year believing that I was 38. Meh.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I'm satisfied. Winning the lottery or the HGTV Dream Home would have been awesome, but all is fine.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
Boho chic with a touch of multiple personality disorder.
34. What kept you sane?
Exercise, gardening, my friends, booze, laughter.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
It's hard to fancy someone when you don't personally KNOW them. I find many entertaining when I watch them through that nifty, newfangled television contraption. It is easy to imagine that I would like someone based on what they portray themselves to be, but quite frankly, they are actors. Aren't they PAID to ACT?
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
I'll spare you my political frustrations and just say that I firmly believe that "less" government is "more".
37. Who did you miss?
My family in Iowa. I missed my bff in CA, Erin in NJ and Sarah in IA. I missed my horses, Gus and Prince and I always miss my Grandma Rose (she's been gone for 11 and a half years)
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Sarah and Jen.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012:
So many. SO SO MANY. You'll have to buy the book. *winky face* (I still have to write the book. That could be problemy.)
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"Hey Ho" ?
I don't know. I don't speak in song lyrics. Mostly because I'm just not that good of a listener.
"The rest of the meme says I should tag some people but isn't the point of a meme that anyone who likes it copies it? Yeah. That." ~Red