Monday, December 31, 2012

Farewell 2012!

Having just reread my "Shit to Conquer in 2012" post, I realize that I'm not all that awesome at achieving my goals. I don't know, it could be the fact that I've been suffering from the flu for nine days now, or it could be the fact that in my NyQuil induced fog, I decided it would be a great idea to look through some old photo albums. I mistakenly chose the one from the mid eighties when I was have the height of my awkward adolescent insecurity. Let's just say that the experience was as painful looking back on it as it was living it. *shudder*

So in the midst of feeling like a phlegmy, rotting, useless bump on a log, I will quote an unknown Indie holiday song,  "Maybe next year I'll be good. Maybe next year I'll be better." And then again, maybe not. I'm kind of an asshole and it's been working fairly well for me so far.

Me thinks that nine days into a flu is not the best time to find motivation.

Looking back on 2012 I can say that I did actually achieve a few of my goals. I traveled a bit and I met some wonderful new people. Some exciting opportunities came my way, all of which are still in the works, so I feel unable to list them as actual accomplishments at this time.... but still! Some shit happened! The wheels of progress are turning,  even if it is at an agonisingly SLOW pace.

In hindsight, in 2012:  I wrote , I parented, I created, I taught, I learned , I laughed, I wept, I loved and I mostly enjoyed my life. I guess that means I'm a winner, no matter what that photo album from 1986 tells me.

My goals for 2013 are simple.

1. Be thankful.
2. Be kind.
3. Be generous.
4. Be healthy.
5. Be funny.
6. Take naps.
7. Give hugs.
8. Say "I love you" everyday.
9. Learn the dance to Ice Ice Baby.
10. Write and draw.
11. Wear fabulous shoes.
12. Live in the moment.
13. Try something new.
14. Banish old, unproductive ways of thinking.
15. Clean behind the toilet.

Thanks to each and every one of you for supporting my blogging habit. You all have made my world a little brighter. As we bid 2012 ado, let us remember that parts that made it great and vow to have more of those moments in 2013.

Peace and Love,
Johi



9 comments:

  1. You know if you do #9, you totally have to VLOG about it, right??!! Love this post, it was awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Never! NEVER!!!! Happy New Year,Ashley.

      Delete
  2. There's a dance to Ice Ice Baby?!

    A word of advise, The Things hands are smaller than yours, they should fit behind the toilet much easier than yours...get them to clean behind it.

    Happy New Year my friend. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I just discovered it this morning! I'm pretty excited.
      Happy New Year, Tina!

      Delete
  3. It was indeed a year, was it not? And the next one will be as well, I imagine. Look out.

    Hope you feel better soon, mah dear. And happy new year to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'Twas a year, indeed. Happy New Year to you and your adorable family!

      Delete
  4. Feel better! I love the new shoes goal! That means SHOPPING!!!

    Hugs!

    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. The only resolution I can be firm about is that I need a hair cut. Everything else seems.... hard.

    ReplyDelete