Sunday, October 21, 2012

I ain't dumb, ya know.

My good friend sent a song my way with a message that it reminded her of me and Brock. She said, "Only someone who knows you as well as I do could see you and Brock when I hear this song!!"

Here's the song. Maybe not appropriate for every situation.... but you all know how I operate by now.




Later, after I had listened to it ten times, laughing every time, I played it for Brock.

His response was, "I'm offended that everyone thinks I'm so stupid."

I was puzzled, as Brock is thick skinned and rarely offended. I said, "Really? That offends you?"

He said, "No. Because it is not just me. It is all husbands."

That received no arguement from me, so I nodded solemnly in agreement.

He said, "The only way I could get smarter is if I became a woman, and that ain't gonna happen."

As I walked out of the room with the silent hysterics emanating from my pores and tears running from my eyes, I tried to compose myself. Later, I lamely apologized on behalf of womankind for the general implication that our menfolk consist largely of ignoramuses and cretins.

I said, "I'm sorry that people think you are a moron."

Brock shrugged and said, "That's all right. I know what I am."

I asked, "And what are you?"

He said, "I'm awesome."

Oh my, and a humble caveman to boot.

Love you, honey.

xxoo

4 comments:

  1. He is awesome!

    A funny man is a smart man. Tell 'em I said so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good guy! :0)

    Hugs!

    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. With my DJ business, we play that song at weddings. It's always a big hit.

    ReplyDelete