Sunday, December 18, 2011

Teething at Christmas

Poor Thing 2, he is cutting four teeth right now. He's been a tad cranky. Just a wee bit. Okay, a lot cranky. Actually, I can think of nothing that screams (literally SCREAMS) "I'M UNSTABLE!" more than a teething baby/toddler at Christmas.

Peace and Joy. Peace and Joy.

Notice how Thing 1 is totally enjoying himself- I sometimes think that he LIKES it when his little brother is naughty and he gets to wear the halo.



So what does an intelligent woman like myself do when the baby is teething and angry and doesn't want to sit with a stranger? Why I take him to a barbershop to get his first professional haircut! (Cut to me running around behind him with scissors and deciding to let someone else "handle it"). It worked out great too. Naturally.




I'm waiting for my Stellar Parent of 2011 award to arrive in the mail any day.

I love him so much that I even think he is precious when he is angry and howling.
P.S. Suckers don't taste so great with hair on them.

That is all.

Have a great weekend. That's an order.

Peace, Love and Screamy Meamies,
Johi

5 comments:

  1. Oh, poor baby...he looks so unhappy. Teething is a BITCH. (Don't tell him I said that)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't you supposed to rub whisky on their gums when they're teething ;D
    Pretty sure that would tip the odds in your favor for the stellar parent award!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor thing. That picture looks very much like the one we took 2 years ago. This year I got TWO smilng boys, last year one smiling, one scowling, and the infamous 2 years ago . . . one smiling and one screaming his head off with arms reaching out imploringly. Best picture EVER! It is completely hysterical. You know, because I am such a stellar mom as well and enjoy laughing at my children's obvious misery. Maybe we can share the award?

    And really, just give him a full cup/bottle of whiskey. He won't be feeling any pain! I won't call CPS, I promise. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor thing. That picture looks very much like the one we took 2 years ago. This year I got TWO smilng boys, last year one smiling, one scowling, and the infamous 2 years ago . . . one smiling and one screaming his head off with arms reaching out imploringly. Best picture EVER! It is completely hysterical. You know, because I am such a stellar mom as well and enjoy laughing at my children's obvious misery. Maybe we can share the award?

    And really, just give him a full cup/bottle of whiskey. He won't be feeling any pain! I won't call CPS, I promise. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Frozen mini bagels were the BOMB when my short people were teething. . .and Ben & Jerry's. . .for me, not them. Hang in there; Thing 2 might be psychologically scarred, but I'll bet his haircut is SLAMMIN'! :)

    ReplyDelete