Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Ah, good wine and good friends.

♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ On the fourth day of Christmas my true love gave to me...... a raging hangover and an hour of sleep. ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬

Don't pity me, it was totally worth it.

Honestly, is there any greater Christmas gift than time spent with wonderful friends? (Time that included chocolate dipped strawberries). Me thinks not.

My friend MADE these all by herself! And I ATE them all by myself!
Okay, I begrudgingly let other people have a few....


Once upon a time, there where four classy women that worked together at a veterinary clinic. We loved animals. We loved making fun of people. We loved to talk. We loved to drink. We loved to laugh. We were the best of friends. To honor that friendship, we got together every Friday night so that we could drink beer and fart. Sometimes we were funny, other times we probably weren't, but we always had a great time.

Then we all scattered across the country like dandelion seeds. One went to the west coast, the other to the east coast and another moved across the Great Divide. Only one remained, sad and listless for her long lost Friday night gathering. (Okay, she fell in love and got married, but that makes the story less dramatic, now doesn't it?). Finally, TEN YEARS, five kids and three husbands LATER, three of the girls were reunited! There was laughter! There was snorting! There were people yelling "CUT IT OUT" in the direction of children! There was a dinosaur helmet!  There were venison tenderloins! There was WINE!
It was a magical reunion that only happens to the most special of friends. The kind of relationship where one can literally pick right up where they left off ten years ago. It was awesome, and so worth the hour of sleep and the battered liver that I am suffering today.

And what, you ask, could be as glorious as that kind of gathering?

Why, only another visit today with my very bestest friend in the whole world who cruelly left me and moved to San Francisco! I was so excited to see him that I forgot that I am functioning on an hour of sleep! Fleener neener neener....pickle. I drank liver detox tea while we munched on fresh veggies and caught up on each others' lives. All in all, it was a great day. Thanks to everyone who made it magical~ you know who you are. xxoo No Black Dog, not you. You smell like open ass and you kept barking all day.

And I have to give a shout out to Mary Kay's Ultimate Mascara- one application is going on it's 18th hour and I don't even look too scary! Can I get a fist pump?

I think I am running on adrenaline or maybe I'm delirious. I will need sleep soon.....

7 comments:

  1. yay for good friends that can pick up right where they left off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm hmm. They are my favorite kind. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We rock SO hard! Love you lady. Let's do it all again next year when our livers have recovered!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go. To. Sleep!!!

    (ok, I may have had some wine tonight with a few old friends as well & have to get up at 5:00am, what of it?).

    Good times. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What is the difference between 'open ass' and 'closed ass?'

    And hip hip hooray for great friends! They will destroy our livers and we will all die, but ... yaaay.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Misty- I did! and see? it was fun, wasn't it?
    @Floozy- closed ass= the clenched cheeks when gas barely escapes. Open ass= joyfully embracing the smell of sewage and cheerfully making it part of your aura. (sp?)

    ReplyDelete