Saturday, November 19, 2011

This is why we are friends.

Today I bring to you a long-awaited guest post by that hot firefighter friend of mine who brought you these three gems and coined the phrase "get the freshness".  Apparently she and her husband actually TALK instead of staring at the TV until they pass out. Isn't that cute? They don't have kids yet. Just wait.....

Enjoy. I know I did.


Yesterday I happened to see a close-up photo of a penguin on a windy day, and was shocked to discover that penguins have feathers. . .

Me, to my husband Tim: Did you know that penguins have feathers?

Tim:  Of course they have feathers, they are birds.  What did you think they had?

Me: Something kind of like whale skin. Of course.

Tim:  That’s ridiculous. 

Me:  Have you ever seen a penguin feather?  Have you ever stuck a penguin feather in your hat?

Tim:  Only platypus can get away with that.

Me: Platypus have fur.

Tim: Are you sure?

Me: What do you think they have?

Tim: Feathers.

Me:  They have a duck bill.  If they had feathers they would just be a bird.

Tim:  If penguins had whale skin they would probably be a mammal.

Me: touché

Me:  But puffins definitely have whale skin.

Tim:  sighs and shakes his head in disbelief that he will never get the last five minutes of his life back.

We decided to continue this scholarly shitshow by googling the duckbill platypus.  It turns out that not only does it have fur, but they are venomous.  Seriously.  They have a horrible talon on their back feet that is filled with poison.  It won’t kill you, but you won’t try to catch one more than once apparently.  Oh yeah- just for the record it turns out that puffins have feathers too.


Do you really still want us in your house? 


It looks harmless to me.... I say touch it! In fact, snuggle it!!
Poison filled talons schmalons.
animals.nationalgeographic.com


*****And to answer her question: This makes me want you in my house even more. Bring booze. And a hot tub.... then we can relive the "glory days". xxoo Johi

7 comments:

  1. OMG! That's so weird. Him and I were just having a conversation about platypusses...platypi...WHATEV, just the other day!

    You have great taste in friends and, subsequently, in readers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! I can honestly say I've never had this sort of conversation with the hubby. BUt I would have loved to be a fly on the wall...drinking wine of course!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't even been awake for a full hour, and I have learned two new things. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like conversations my husband and I have. After which, I reach for wikipedia and he reaches for whiskey.

    ReplyDelete
  6. In Harrypotter World, a platypus is my patronus.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This reminds me of my "Stupidest Crap..." series! You and Tim are welcome in our posse ANY time.

    ReplyDelete