Friday, November 11, 2011

Positive Reinforcement (ie: PRIZES)

I really do believe in positive reinforcement. For example: just yesterday, when I finally got both children down for a nap, Black Dog was standing on the front porch barking her ever loving head off at absolutely nothing. So I opened the door for her (see? positive!) and whispered "You're an idiot" when she trotted by me.

Earlier this week, this bullshit week full of me failing~ my laptop breaking, the coffeepot breaking, the other coffeepot breaking, the other computer working so slow that it is mentally painful for me to attempt to use it and two sick (and one slightly possessed) Things, I got some of my very own positive reinforcement. I received the same award THREE TIMES. That's right. Three people that I have never slept with think that I am Versatile.

ver·sa·tile

[vur-suh-tl or, especially Brit., -tahyl] Show IPA
adjective
1.
capable of or adapted for turning easily from one to another of various tasks, fields of endeavor, etc.: a versatile writer.
2.
having or capable of many uses: a versatile tool.
3.
Botany. attached at or near the middle so as to swing freely, as an anther.
4.
Zoology. turning either forward or backward: a versatile toe.
5.
variable or changeable, as in feeling, purpose, or policy: versatile moods.
*For the record: I am unfortunately not the proud owner of a versatile toe.

Here is my PRIZE!

“The Versatile Bloggers Award is given to bloggers who are capable of writing about a diverse range of subjects and topics. Once awarded, the recipient must a) compose a short dedication to the person who awarded them the award, b) write a list for their readers detailing things about themselves their readers don’t know, and then c) pass the love forward to five bloggers that they feel deserve to receive it too.”


The first award was from Becky at I'm just a Girl and I've Had it up to Here
I'm not sure what they put in the water in New Zealand, but I want some because this lady is hilarious. She can coin a phrase like no one's business, one of my favorites being "dirty whore fingered kids" (okay, it sounds bad out of context but she is brilliant, believe me), she can answer all those burning questions that you have ever had about defecating, and she is a musician, which makes me girl crush on her even more. Plus, I'm pretty confident that she is rocking a sexy accent.
I totally wish that she would post some youtube videos of her performing her music so that I can properly stalk her. (Hint hint Bex!)

Go forth and read her funny people. You will not be sorry, unless you decided to try and drink something whilst reading, because it will end up on your keyboard. You've been warned.


Then I noticed that my fellow Pisces, blonde (except she is brunette) and future sister wife, Misty from Misty's Laws honored me with the same award! Misty is the real deal: funny, gorgeous, down to earth AND smart. The kind of woman that you should hate but you can't because she is pure awesomesauce. She also provides a confidence booster with her "Weekly Whacked" column, where she snaps photos of people sporting the "Oh no you di-ent" look. Check her out because I know you'll love Misty. She is good wholesome fun mixed with all that other great stuff that we Pisces are made of (stuff like sweetness and wine and music and love and curse words and sexy-beastliness).
And if I have my way, I will soon show up on her doorstep and help her develop a proper Pisces unhealthy obssession with shoes.


After feeling all glowy and shit from reading both of those, I then discover that my other future sister wife Jen from "Jen" e sais quoi bestowed upon me the same award and I just sat down and let that winning feeling take over. Jen is everything I like about people: she is frank, in your face, mouthy, attractive and smart. She has that deadly combination of perfect comedic timing and razor sharp wit. Her phrasing should be trademarked. Seriously. This is one funny lady who could give any published comedian a run for their money. She really should quit her job and be paid to write comedy. Quick-someone pay the woman.
Go here for a little sampling of one of my favorite posts from Jen.


I want to give these three great bloggers a huge post-shower (but fully clothed) hug and say THANK YOU from the bottom of my tiny black heart. You all outshine me and I am honored to be sharing this here Internet with you.

I am now supposed to pass this along to 5 people and tell you all a bunch of shit about me that you don't know. Since I have a blogroll attached to two areas of my blog, please take a moment to come over here from Google Reader and visit my actual site, where you can find a year's worth of crap about me that you never needed or wanted to know and you can point and click on many different great blogs. Enjoy these reads- I know that I do!

Peace, Love and Unicorns,
Johi

P.S. Why don't you leave links to blogs that you love in the comment box below or comment on this post on facebook with links? Then the love will keep flowing! yay us!

7 comments:

  1. you're a rock star my dear! enjoy your coffee this morning! Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it was just a bad week all around. Here's to a better next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish my job was reading the awesomeness of fellow bloggers. Yours would be first on my list every day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait. How do you know I'm gorgeous? Have you been stalking me? I thought I saw something in that tree outside my bedroom window! :)

    Much love, babe! Totally deserved. Glad your week is looking up. Oh, and I will be sure to make a note about that super Target. DSW? Meh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pfft! Misty should know that I INVENTED the tree-stalk so OF COURSE I'd pass on the love to my friends. :) Much love to you Johi -- you are deserving of the kudos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on a well-earned award!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your award! I'm loving your blog!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete