So instead of talking about something "interesting", I will tell you about my "favorite" things. *And now we are all singing our best Julie Andrews version of the song.*
I'm presenting this to you in the form of a list, because I am Type A. I'm fun like that.
Johi's Favorite Things (as of August 23, 2011):
1. Hugs and (food-free) kisses from any of my guys.
2. Any form of "I love you" or "You're the best _____ (mom, wife, cook. etc.) ever."
3. Coffee with Soy milk in the morning, in Eleanor, while I read my favorite blogs.
4. Light summer breezes mingling around my bare legs and blowing the hair from the nape of my neck. I love summer. Almost as much as I love fall, with its crisp air and changing leaves and my boots. I love boots.
5. Gardens. Gardening, flowers, vegetables, greenhouses, gnomes. Green stuff that is blooming and healthy and abundant and tiny little bearded men watching. Wait. That sounded weird.
6. Great design. Clean, yet warm and inviting. Nice use of color and textiles. Surprising and unique, yet perfect!
7. Space planning. I'm obsessed. I love to work out the "flow" of a house. I also love Feng Shui. So many homes need help.... I'm For Hire!
8. Fluffy haired dogs and kittens, the kind you bury your fingers into and grit your teeth while petting. (ie: red dog)
9. Wright's bacon, Dove chocolate, almost any fresh fruit, sunflower butter and Chock Full O' Nuts coffee. Savory, sweet, comforting.... I love food.
10. Watching Thing 2 walk/run. He moves really fast on the bottom and his upper body stays still. He looks like a Flinstone.
11. Watching/listening to Thing 1 play. (as long as it isn't shooting noises). His dialogue in his play is adorable and so creative.
12. Tearing down and rebuilding things with Brock. We are a good team that way.
13. Money. Come on, we all love money. With money, I can travel, get a gym membership, buy awesome clothes and shoes, get massages and buy the expensive bacon.
14. Anything that involves laughing, especially laughing so hard that you cry. I like making other people laugh, too.
15. Quiet time for reading, drawing, thinking, breathing and/or yoga.
16. Horses. Being on the back of a horse is almost as good as meditation for me (I would imagine, as I don't actually meditate.)
17. Date Night, Girl's Night or an evening walk.
18. The mountains. There is a smell of fresh air and pine trees and earth that only comes from the mountains. It is nostalgic and comforting and freeing.
19. As much as I love the blue skies and sunshine that Colorado is famous for, I also love a good rainy day; one where I can be tucked inside my cozy home with the people I love, a movie, some games and a good book.
20. A glass of red wine at the end of the day, in Eleanor, while I watch reality TV, or better yet, Castle, with Brock.
I heart you so....
What are your favorite things?