Tuesday, August 30, 2011

No, I don't want to discuss Thomas the Tank Engine.

There are only two reasons that I occasionally allow Thing 1 to watch Thomas the Tank Engine in the morning.

1. He enjoys it, and I enjoy it when he is happy, because he is one of my favorite people on the planet and I prefer my favorites to feel joy on a regular basis.

2. I can then read my favorite blogs and email while I drink my coffee.

What I don't want to do is watch it with him and engage in a running commentary on "that's not nice!" and "oh! scary!" and "confusion and delay? Oh my!". No, no I don't. I don't care which engine huffed and puffed and which one was cross and which one was spray painted with the foul-mouthed-graffiti of that Satan-worshipping gang that runs like a pack of wild dogs on the island of Sodor. Huh? Oh, never mind. Anyway..... this is also the same reason that I write blog posts at night while Brock watches the westerns channel.

I am just not interested in trains and guns and bad music.

Now I'm confused. Am I talking about kids' cartoons or Brock's beloved westerns? Could be either.....which is part of the problem.

Sorry. I'm just not that nice of a person.

Now if you will excuse me, I need to go clean the floor around the high chair, because apparently the zucchini bread that I made has explosive properties. Actually anything put in the wee hands, or the wee diaper, of Thing 2 seems to have detonating features. It is his trademark.



6 comments:

  1. Thomas the Tank freaks me out lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate children's programming. I can do some westerns. Like Young Guns. But that's mostly because of my temporary irrational teen crush on Lou Diamond Phillips.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My youngest has gotten into the habit of asking questions every 3.2 miliseconds that he is watching a show. And the worst part is that the questions don't even make any sense, so I have to decipher and then give some type of answer.

    Mommy, how is she Rapunzel? Her parents named her that. . . How is that man climbing on the building? With his feet. . . How is the horse sniffing the ground? With his nose . . . How is she singing? With her mouth.

    And don't think I can just say I don't know. That will cause all sorts of ruckus.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugly talking mugs on the front of trains? No thank you. I already have to contend with a talking sponge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to LOVE shining time station, back when Ringo Starr was on it. Now I feel old.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Tish- I used to feel that way, now I just don't feel anything.
    I still think Thomas and Percy are homosexual, not that there is anything wrong with that.
    @Phoenix- That is an understandable crush.
    @Mistyslaws- I feel your pain.
    @Elizabeth- Ugh. Spongebob. Brock turned it on one night AFTER THE KIDS WENT TO BED. I almost shot him.
    @Tova- I feel old daily. Hugs. P.S. Why won't your blog page load on my computer? It makes me sad.

    ReplyDelete