Friday, June 17, 2011

I had a Painkiller and now I need a painkiller.

I have been working on this long brilliant post that is supposed to delight and entertain you because I wanted to post is here today. Guess what? I'm not done. Wanna know why? It was book club night last night.

It was a much much much needed girl's night out and I had one margarita and one painkiller. Not in a pill form, but in a drink form. If you have not tried this I highly suggest that you feign a summer attack of H1N1 in front of your boss, take thyself immediately to your local pub and order one (or two). The level of deliciousness provided by this concoction is ridiculous.

Recipe:
SERVES 1-2
2-4 oz. of Pusser's Rum
4 oz. pineapple juice
1 oz. cream of coconut
1 oz. orange juice
Grated fresh nutmeg

In a cocktail shaker filled with ice add first four ingredients and stir. Pour into cocktail glasses and top with grated nutmeg.


Later the few of us that were avoiding going home still enjoying our evening attempted to go out dancing because we were in Old Town Ft. Collins and that is where the action is! Except for last night, where we only saw two guys taking turns break dancing, a bachelorette party that was on the verge of falling asleep from boredom and one really REALLY drunk girl. So instead of dancing, one member of our group rocked it out all by herself and beat the high score on the Mrs. Pacman game at the bar. WOOT WOOT! Actually living during the eighties has its perks after all, aside from the John Hughes films...

Even without the dancing, it was a wonderful night. I just don't sleep well with alcohol in my system. Or when the dogs are fighting in the next room. Or when they bust the gate because it is raining outside and they are scratching at our door because being with us in our room somehow makes it all better..... But when I woke up I was too tired to do anything (like write a post that required thought- see this entire week of posts.... sorry) except wish Brock "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!" and tell him "I love you!"

I even sang him the Birthday song. Damn, he is a lucky man.

It is his special day and I greeted him this morning with crazy hair and a slight headache. I like to keep it classy like that. I will make up for it by honoring him later with gifts and cake. Now I need to go make a cake. No owls today! I wish I knew how to make a John Wayne cake.....


No I didn't make this- the yumyum cake person did. This looks too hard.....
However, there is a strong chance that I will write Happy Birthday Pilgrim on the cake that I make.


10 comments:

  1. i'm liking the 'h.b. pilgrim' slogan. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How late were you three out? I went home and drank a gallon of water and took and Zantac. Was sleeping peacefully util the thunder woke Hayden and he yelled at the top of his lungs. Ugh.

    Love that cake! Ok, now I want cake ...

    Happy B-Day Brock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pain Killers are very yummy, but you have to be careful with them. Too many can really cause pain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. can we have the drink recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is the grated nutmeg really necessary? Because it seems to me to be wasted time and energy spent when you ought to be getting your drink on. Also, if I were to go out with I would totally dance. But you have to promise not to make fun of me dancing. Or licking the inside of my glass when my drink is empty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tell Brock happy birthday for me! I LOVE that cake!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @tova...she *did* include the recipe. I'll have what you're already having! :)

    That sounds like an awesome concoction. One that I'm far too lazy to make. Pineapple juice and malibu rum is probably fairly close and that is one of my favorites. However, now I'm going to have to mix up your version because I have all the ingredients in my booze cupboard/fridge. So...cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to try the cocktail. I can't have the cocktail. This makes me sad...

    ReplyDelete
  9. @linda- I was home and in bed by 11.
    @Tova- I went back and added it for you!
    @Phoenix- I think that you could use previously grated nutmeg and yes, I think it is necessary because it made the drink smell like baked goods. And I would dance with you without laughter. I am not exactly a skilled dancer either.
    @Canis- I'm curious to see what you think of the drink!
    @Brandy- I so know the feeling. Soon. Soon. When are you due?

    ReplyDelete
  10. damn, you sang and everything? clearly, he IS a lucky man.

    ReplyDelete