Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Why yes, I am a master gardener.

Thing 1 and I were having a conversation the other day about hard work.

Our neighbor was mowing his lawn (actually our lawns are more like pastures in this neighborhood) with a push mower and Thing 1 announced "______ is mowing!". I replied "Yes, he is working hard. People have to work hard when they grow up". (unless you are Rex or Rosemary Walls... but I digress)

Then I said "Mommy and Daddy both work hard, don't they?"

I want to be sure that Thing 1 values women, and when I say "women", I mean ME specifically. Being a stay at home mom is the toughest job I have ever had.

Thing 1 is already under the impression that his daddy has built basically everything in Fort Collins.

Example A: Daddy and Thing 1 are in the truck and Thing 1 points to a new building that is under construction and says "Is Daddy building that?". I start to shake my head no and Brock pipes up "Yep! I'm building that!".

Example 2: We are walking into the library and Thing 1 looks up and says "Wow! Did Daddy build this?" and I shake my head no and Brock bellows "Why yes I did son!". You see were this is going . According to my three year old and his father, Brock built the whole damn city. Super. Let's all lie to kid. I'm going to point at Victoria's Secret Catalog and tell him that it is me in the picture.

So I said to Thing 1 "Mommy works hard, just like Daddy only I don't get paid anything and you people don't appreciate me enough." Then I added, as a test, "What kind of work does Mommy do?"

...yes, I tend to talk about myself in third person to carpet monkeys. I'm not sure why.

Thing 1 chirped "Mommy plants things!"

Yes, Mommy is quite the master gardener; a fact displayed by this incredibly healthy red pepper plant.


If you listen closely, you can hear its
mournful cries.
Help....me....
Maybe I need to refine my "skills list"..... perhaps I'll start collecting wine corks or rubber bands and forget the gardening all together.

4 comments:

  1. Haha you have awesome mommy skillz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You owe me a new pair of pants cuz i just peed in my pants a little.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...I collect wine corks...
    hahahahahhaa

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Tova- Thanks. Some days I wonder...
    @Elizabeth- Awwww- thanks! :)
    @Iris- AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete