2. My husband and I finally figured out all of the words to Elton John's Tiny Dancer. For example: ....lay me down in sheets of linen, NOT ...lay me down and she's so fillin'. And yes, we high fived one another, because that's how we roll.
3. My canyon driving made Thing 2 carsick and he erupted his dinner all over my truck. Yet another grand quality of mommy's that he inherited. We also learned that he swallows his watermelon pieces whole.
4. Thing 1 rode a full sized horse ALL BY HIMSELF. He's THREE, people.
|Thumbs up from Thing 1!|
5. Thing 1 also caught two fish.This was a big weekend for him.
|How cute is he?|
6. I finished reading The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls. Hurry, go buy yourself a copy. Do it now.
7. Because I was reading (hey, I was recovering from that heat stroke thingy.... remember?), I did not clean my house so now when you walk through it you can hear the dirt grinding into the tiles. One of my favorite sounds.... *shudder*
8. We, as a family unit, made it out of the house for the entire day, in under 2 hours. The views were worth the trouble.
|Looking out over Estes Park.|
|Looking toward the front range of Rocky|
Mountain National Park.
9. My entire yard smells like lilacs., which is convenient because I noticed a bad sewage-esq odor hovering about the neighborhood.
10. Thing 2 rode a pony for the first time. He clapped. It was awesome.
|My sister is assisting Brock in helping him balance. He loved it! Thing 1|
is an old pro at pony riding.
11. We still didn't walk the dogs.
12. The pumpkin patch is tilled and ready for seeds! Yay! I love pumpkins!!!!
13. It stopped raining (after 4 days of rain) and our lawn is now mowed. I know! And better yet, Brock did it! Hallelujah!
14. We attended a high school graduation party for my good friend's daughter. We got her a tool kit, which is my standard grad gift for girls. Because every woman should have her own tools. I sure as hell do.
15. I fed my roses. I'm so exciting that you can't handle it, can you?
16. My husband took me on an actual date!
17. I properly identified the grumpy verses the happy pony.
|OMG, I'm going to chew on his tiny ears.|
Happy Monday to my fellow sinners that were left behind Rapture. Let's enjoy our last 5 months together. :)