Friday, May 6, 2011

Public Service Announcement: Nice weather will result in my absence at the keyboard.

I would like to take this moment and let my readers know that since we are having crazy things like sunshine and things that bloom outside, that I will be spending less time here at the computer. Not to mention that my little computer keeps attempting to spontaneously combust and will randomly shut down when I am right in the middle of using it..... wheeeeeee!

To those of you whose blogs I read: I love you and your blogs, but I may not be commenting quite as often. Don't cast me aside. I'll return full force next winter when I'm all depressed and hateful because it is cold and dreary and I'm trapped inside with all the toys and dog hair, and I'll bring all that fun energy with me to comment on your blogs! Yay! No really, I turn that nasty crust into snarky, funny, witty comments.... right?

To those of you who email me: Ummm, I may take awhile to get back to you. You see, I read your emails from my phone, but my phone, more often than not, does not send the replies that I type. Then I forget to check if they were sent. Then I forget to check the email when I log on to the computer. Then a child needs to eat or something again. Then my ADD kicks in and I remember that I started unloading the dishwasher 20 minutes ago and it is still sitting there, half unloaded with the door open and Red Dog has already climbed onto the door to inspect if the dishes need any help getting clean, and then I remember that I forgot to move the wet clothes in the washer into the dryer and I probably need to rerun the load, then I hear Black Dog barking and run out to call her out of the road because she was chasing a car.... you get the picture. I'm bad at email. Just stop by the house. It's a much better way to guarantee results. (Bring booze and your garden gloves)

To those of you who read this here bloggy: I may be posting a bit less. I have been attempting to post 5 times a week, but it may be more like 3-4. I can't say. We'll see if I can figure out that little thing called "time management".  It is a tricky bastard and has successfully eluded me thus far in my life, but I am positive that I will someday, somehow lasso that little booger and get my poop in a group. I also need to spend more time doing memorable things outside with my little dudes. Like yesterday, when we went on an expedition to find the goslings near our house but instead of seeing cute baby geese I found myself standing 2 feet away from a 3 foot long snake. That is a fine example of "memories in the making". Don't you think?


 I will leave you with this insight, which was typed out and framed in my chiropractor's office. I had plenty of time to read it because I was there twice last week when my back was all junky. (It is still junky....) I'm pretty sure it was gifted to him from a very good friend of mine. I am a fairly sharp, outspoken woman and because of that (and some other of my finer qualities) I have been called a bitch so many times in my life that I A) lost track and 2) really don't give a rat's ass anymore and C) now take it as a compliment because it means that I have my own mind complete with opinions! *gasp!* I actually don't trust women that aren't a little "bitchy". I friggin' love this quote, and I think you all will too. I highlighted my favorite line in blue.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.

Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.

It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.

We ask ourselves: Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous?

Actually, who are you not to be?

You are a child of God, you playing small doesn't serve the world.

There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.

It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.

And as we let our own light shine, we subconsciously give other people permission to do the same.

As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

~Marrianne Williamson


3 comments:

  1. You shall be missed, but it's for a good cause so HOLLA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I wasn't chained to a desk in an office I would be vacating my blog reading/writing right along side of you.

    ReplyDelete