Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Apple Doesn't Fall Far From the Tree, Part Two

People have been heard asking my mother, after reading my blog "Where does Johi's (insert: weirdness, wit, sarcasm, humor, sickness...whatever) come from?"

My sweet, sweet mother replies, "Well, not from me."

Case in point:

My parents recently returned from a two week trip to Florida (we won't talk about how much Thing 1 would love to go to Disney World, because everyone knows Mickey Mouse is for grandparents- not children).  On said trip, they visited Naples, Florida, where they discovered a doggie day spa, perfectly manicured lawns, and lots of well-mannered, high society people walking well-behaved, highly pedigreed dogs.  They saw one well dressed lady pushing an particularly ugly, hairless pug in a doggie stroller.

My cowboy hat wearing John Wayne of a father clomped up to this perfectly coiffed lady and peered into her dog stroller. 

He looked from the dog to the lady and said with a stone sober expression, "Surely he favors his father."

Apparently, the lady was not pleased (or amused)... but I sure was.

So, where do I get "it" from? It's not a great mystery.  Surely I favor my father.

7 comments:

  1. How does Thing 1 even KNOW about DW? We've managed to keep it a secret from K so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha!! That's so frickin' funny!!! Well, I think I would probably really like your dad because I LOVE you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe shucks! Thanks Crystal.
    @Francesca- He really doesn't know that DW exists, I am just assuming that he would love it. I am 100% sure that I am correct in my assumptions...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brand new reader here---you got me on this post! LOL! Subscribing now.

    PS. I came over from the comments on the post of the person who made up your blog background! Rather roundabout route I know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too funny!! That sounds like something my Dad would say!
    I'm so glad you like the background Johi, it looks great over here!

    Karen
    P.S. Thanks for the link :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Natalia- Yay! I love new readers!
    @Karen- Thanks again- I love it! You're the bomb!

    ReplyDelete