Sunday, January 30, 2011

Who likes pictures of babies? If you answered not me~ you suck.

As I am working on another post, which is taking some careful thought and consideration (i.e. more time and brain power than I possess at the moment), I thought that I would take a break from my regularly scheduled bullshit and show you some mommies and their little ones. 

My parents run a herd of at least 100 brood mares and 15 stallions in their foundation bred, American Quarter Horse Association (AQHA) breeding program, which you can read about here. The horses live on my parents property in Iowa and Missouri.  These are some photos that Missy, my folks right hand gal, snapped last spring.  They make me happy for so many reasons:
1) It is green in these pictures, which gives me hope that the winter will end. 
2) The relationships between these mares and foals doesn't differ much from human mom and babes.
3) I love horses.  Especially two brothers named Gus and Prince (Gus is in my avatar with the gnome, he is also my oldest baby.)  We look forward to having our boys home in our barn sometime soon.

Thanks for sharing your photos Missy!



Enjoying a beautiful day together.

This is what my hair looks like most of the time.

It takes a village to raise a child.... 

Quiet misty morning, when  I would be sucking down coffee.

This is my favorite, for so many reasons.

Wait up mom!

Hi!

Thing 1 isn't the only one who likes playing in the mud.


Snoozing in the sand, while mama considers fixing up the place.

Apparently I am not the only exhausted mother on the planet.  :)
I challenge you not to yawn when you look at this mama.

Notice anything different about this pair?
Seriously, how ridiculous is this?
Or should I say reDONKulous?


I hope that you all had a great weekend.

xoxo,
Johi

3 comments:

  1. bwhahaha! I choked on my drink at "reDONKulous"!! My 4 boys laugh histerically at that part of the movie. That was a great delivery.

    Ok, now that I'm doing choking down my laughter......love those pictures. THey are such beautiful animals. We didn't have horses but cows and cows and more cows. Seeing livestock makes me feel at home...very peaceful.

    Hope you had a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete