Friday, December 24, 2010

Middle of the night ponderings....

As I sit here- awake- at 4:30 am, I am filled with not so deep thoughts.

Why does Thing 2 need to wake up at 2:30 a.m.?

Why, when he does this, can I never get back to sleep until 5:30 a.m.- then as soon as I hit my REM cycle 45 minutes later Thing 1 is pulling the cord on his big Woody doll in my ear and I jar awake to "THERE'S A SNAKE IN MY BOOT!"?

I should be making those cookies or doing laundry right now, but I really just want to be sleeping.

Why does my back need to feel this horrible?  Am I an 86 year old woman or what? 

Why does Smelly Cat smell so bad? He eats top shelf cat food.

Does anyone else feel cheated when Christmas falls on a weekend?  I do. 

I wish my husband didn't have to work today.  I actually wish that he didn't have to work at all because we were independently wealthy.  Then we would do crazy things- like sleep and spend time together and sleep and take a vacation.

Why can I not access my Twitter account any more?  Is it possessed?

How do I add spell check to my MSN toolbar?

I have been charmed repeatedly this month by the innocent wonder and awe that Thing 1 has for Christmas.  If anyone is feeling Scroogey about Christmas- I recommend hanging out with a three year old.

I wish everyone a Merry Christmas. 
And I wish for World Peace. 
And I wish someone would give me the magic recipe for a full night's sleep.  I even did yoga last night......  argh.

Now- go clean your house.  Santa is coming.


Thanks to Moxie Tonic for the itty bitty Santa hats~ and
to the snowman that donated his green stocking cap!


3 comments:

  1. The hats look great!! Who would have thought an opened package of Santa hats marked down to 75 cents could bring so much holiday decorating joy - and across two states to boot!
    Well, if it makes you feel any better, the white dog likes to wake me up at obscene hours by LOUDLY chewing his feet. Who would have thought a seven pound dog was capable of shaking the entire bed and slurping. Slurping! Ugh. Its a good thing all of these little guys are so damn cute!
    Check the back pain and bursitis in my hips. Knowing that everything is going downhill, what kind of condition am I going to be in at 80!?!? Will I even make it that far?
    And yes, why the hell aren't we all independently wealthy? We all should be lounging around on a private island together for the holidays ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I left those horses out for Christmas my original thought was "I need mini Santa hats for these steeds"~ then VIOLA! You delivered. So much awesomeness!
    I LOVE the idea of chillin' together on the private island. I am going to make a page dedicated to that in my little "vision" book that I made. :)
    Have a wonderful Christmas- hi to B!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW thou art the empress of live categories... I can already see this will be a hilarious & super blog and also a superb log... you are bookmarked with the best stuffed elves [all-one-word-no-hyphens] sorry I thought the drop down menu would give me a better chance to prove that I am a real person by typing in the scrambled words, but I am on dial-up ...

    ReplyDelete