Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Do you have A.D.D.? Then you will like my blog!

Apparently, I am addicted to laundry, because I do it every day. I even did it on Christmas day.???  It calls my name, sticks to me (literally), torments me and mocks me.  Today I found the baby sock that I lost when I was folding some clean clothes, in my bra.  Aside from what that says about the pathetic size of my boobs, which were swimming around in a bra that was too big, it screams "I am consuming you, woman!". I think about how I should be doing  laundry when I lay awake in bed at 3 a.m.  I think about washing the oncoming dirty clothes in the two minutes that all the laundry is clean, folded and put away.  Hi, my name is Johi and I am a laundryaholic.
Good Lord, I am boring.  Of all the addictions, I choose laundry



The sad part of this is that I have done three loads of laundry,
every freaking day, since Christmas day.  There is also a load in the
 washer and one in the dryer when this was taken. 
Geez- I need to touch up some paint in this room....

You know that you are destined to have a fabulous day when it starts at 5:45 a.m.  Today it was the husband's alarm clock.  I swear, I can't catch a break.  I then shared a shower with a creepy white spider.  Nothing says "ahhh!  fresh and clean!" like an 8 legged albino.  I greeted a completely soaked Thing 1 (he was even wearing Pull-Ups) and immediately had to get into 36 yoga positions to remove the soaked sheets from his bunk bed.  Why did I think that bunk beds were a good idea? When I went to get my coffee I was greeted by yet another creepy white spider who was crawling on the dirty crumpled paper towel that my husband left on the counter (thanks honey!).  I heard the demanding screeches from Thing 2 and ventured into his room to find a Code Red diaper explosion.  It was one inch away from his hairline, folks. These pee and poo situations are not helping my laundry addiction. When I later went to plop a squeaky clean Thing 2 into his Bumbo chair for a little delicious pureed food, I discovered yet another scuttling white arachnid!  Seriously? 

I would post of picture of the spiders but I immediately smashed them all.  I was not feeling my inner Buddhist today.

We have been having ridiculous weather here in Colorado- 40's and 50's every day.  Dry, sunny and little to no wind.  As I was out on a walk with the boys, enjoying the sunshine and mountain views, I decided that I could deal with (i.e. KILL) a spider every day to get this kind of weather in December.  Sorry for rubbing it in to you Midwesterners with all your grey skies and snow and bone chilling cold weather.....  heh heh.


*smiley face*

To make up for my lack of sensitivity, I would like to offer you a recipe for Oatmeal Cake.  It is scrumdiddlyumptios.
Spell check didn't like that word.... 



This is health food!  It has whole wheat flour, oatmeal and nuts! 
Oh- and three cups of sugar!

Oatmeal Cake

Mix together in a bowl and set aside:
1 tsp. soda
1 1/2 cups hot water
1 cup of old-fashioned oats

Cream:
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup white sugar
1/4 cup softened butter

Sift together and add to creamed mixture:
2 cups flour (I used whole wheat and it was wonderful!)
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt

Stir in cooled oatmeal mixture.  Pour into a greased 9x13 baking dish and bake at 375 for 30-40 minutes (until done).  Spread topping over cake and bake 15 minutes longer.  Cool in pan on wire rack.

Topping:
1/2 cup butter- melted
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup evaporated milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup chopped nuts (I used walnuts)
3/4 cup coconut



As I was scrolling through my cookbook to find this recipe for you, I discovered a recipe titled Wine Cake.
OMG!  Wine and cake- together??????  I will clearly soon be in my test kitchen with those ingredients....

 OMG!  I like exclamation points in this post!  Maybe I should cut back on my caffeine consumption!

No comments:

Post a Comment