Monday, November 22, 2010

I am Thankful for....TURKEY!

In honor of Thanksgiving, I intend on mentioning two things in each post this week. 
1) Something for which I am thankful
2) Turkey
Are we all properly excited?  Great!  Let's do this positivity thing!

Today I am thankful for my beautiful family.  I know that I haven't been showing you pictures of them, but let me assure you, they rival any Gerber baby or child on the cover of Parenting Magazine.  I would like to give a big shout out to Thing 1 today for waking up in DRY big boy underpants!  WOOHOO!!!!  Also, I would like to give great thanks for the fact that Thing 2 only has his bottom teeth.  We have a little Edward Cullen in the house, except Thing 2 doesn't practice any restraint and bites me almost daily when nursing.  The best part is that right after he does this, he will find someone else in the room to make eye contact with and smile at them.  This is no accident people, he knows exactly what he is doing.  I will wrap this love fest up with my thankfulness that God produced my husband for me to marry.  It is obvious that he is far nicer than me, and that fact is crucial to our relationship.  So THANKS BE TO GOD for my boys.  Kiss! Kiss!

What???  Turkey butt!
I have a brilliant idea for all of you to try.  Because we all know of the sleep inducing effects of tryptophan in turkey, I propose that you all start consuming massive amounts of turkey starting NOW, so to build up an internal resistance to tryptophan.  Remember the scene from The Princess Bride where they battled wits with the tainted wine?  "No one to be trifled with"  consumed small amounts of the deadly poison so that he could then drink the poison and live to brag about it.  Yeah, like that!  Then, on Thanksgiving day, when your entire family is passed out in the living room with the football game on the TV, you will have the insane stamina required to clean the kitchen that you just spent six hours destroying.

Start with this Turkey Meatloaf that I created yesterday.


Turkey Meatloaf with sweet potato, green beans and pumpkin cornbread - aka My Lunch.  :)

Turkey Meatloaf
1 1/2 lbs ground turkey
2 slices of bacon (cooked and chopped)
2 green onions (finely chopped)
1 stalk celery (finely chopped)
1/4 cup of red pepper (finely chopped)
1 egg beaten
1 cup quick oats
1/2 cup milk
2 T plain yogurt
dash of sea salt
dash of pepper

Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.  Pack into a greased bread pan.  Bake at 350 to 375 for 1 hour.  Serve with gravy (I made beef based and it was great).  Build up that immunity!  Sleep is for the weak.

*I had cooked bacon leftover and used it.  You could probably use raw, but I can't guarantee the results.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment