Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The Best Way to Eat Leftover Turkey

Unless you are having an entire football team for Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow, you will have leftover turkey.  I am now going to share a recipe with you that will cause intense adoration and possible worshipping of me.  I accept.  I'll go ahead and say this now~You're welcome.  The best part is that you can totally take the credit for this invention when your family rants and raves about the ridiculous deliciousness of this dish.  Rock on!

Johi's Turkey Salad Sandwiches
~3 cups shredded turkey
1 t dill weed
1/2 crushed rosemary leaves or rosemary powder
dash of sea salt
dash of celery seed
dash of garlic salt
dash of pepper
1 t dried parsley
dash of oregano
1 green onion- minced
1 stalk of celery-minced (I use the leafy parts too)
~1/3 c mayonnaise
~1/3 c of craisins (or dried cherries)

Serve on toasted bread with leaf lettuce
Great with sweet potato fries.

Okay- honestly I don't measure any of this stuff.  Just throw it together in a bowl until you get your desired consistency.  Go easy on the salt- you can always add more.

Enjoy!

P.S.  This is actually my recipe for chicken salad, which is delicious, but when I tried it with turkey it also got rave reviews.



It should look a little something like this!



So I over toasted the bread and was too lazy to make sweet potato fries, still my husband loved it!


2 comments:

  1. heh heh....you said dill weed.

    Seriously though, this looks FABULOUS! Can you fly here and make me some? Pretty please? I'll bake you some yummies!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OKAY!!!! I knew you would catch that word. I can't say it without snickering. I guess we both have a 12 year old boy's sense of humor. :)

    ReplyDelete